PLAN FOR EVERY PART (PFEP) FOR MATERIAL FLOW & INTERNAL CONVEYANCE
A Plan For Every Part (PFEP) is a material flow plan that includes specific data on every part number coming from suppliers and every finished-good SKU going to customers. It contains all the information necessary to make informed decisions about transportation, packaging, inventory, placement, ordering quantities, and handling. It is essentially the DNA of all material that moves through a manufacturing plant, and it stimulates an environment where all team members perform at a higher level.
The focus of the PFEP is to implement material replenishment processes based on pull replenishment systems where material replenishment is triggered by consumption of material at line side.
Together, we work backward from the production line to supplier ordering to collect
PFEP data. We catalog SKUs and identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve
ergonomics through SKU optimization.
We then determine custom strategies for each part, such as:
- Finished goods inventory and fulfillment strategies
- Material quantity at the line and presentation
- Material replenishment and conveyance
- Raw material ordering and storage strategies
- Warehouse design
- Supplier sourcing and inbound logistics
We lead, support, and audit the execution of your PFEP by:
- Developing world-class processes
- Preparing material handlers and other team members to perform jobs at a high level
- Deploying a continuous improvement program
- Managing deployment timelines and budgets
Depending on the scope of the project, your team can receive:
- Plan For Every Part (PFEP) implementation
- PFEP team development and guiding principle development
- PFEP template development and data collection
- Pilot part selection and implementation
- Material plan
- Inbound logistics plan
- Supplier management plan
- Pilot reflection and learning
- Pilot expansion plan
- PFEP sustainability
- We work collaboratively with you to understand your business needs and customize our approach vs. pushing “off-the-shelf” solutions.
- We have the technical expertise to understand your challenges and develop world-class solutions.
- LeanCor clients benefit from a web-based PFEP utility to efficiently sustain information.
- We manage a variety of PFEP systems for our transportation (3PL) clients daily.
• Increased manufacturing throughput, utilization and up time
• Reduced manufacturing cost per unit
• Improved working capital
• Decreased logistics costs
• Right-sized inventory
• Reduced labor content
• Effective line-side delivery
• Level material flow
• Improved space utilization
• Operational stability and efficiency