International Logistics Solutions
While companies may see global sourcing as a means to reduce material or component costs, they must be mindful of what the customer is actually willing to pay for through total landed cost. Other challenges in international logistics can include supply chain velocity, variability, visibility, and complexities in documentation and diverse requirements.
LeanCor’s thought leadership and custom approach to international logistics helps companies overcome these challenges, strategically finding savings opportunities that are often overlooked.
International Transportation Problems? We Have Solutions.
Some of these challenges might sound familiar:
- Challenge: Currently manage suppliers' shipments separately instead of looking at all of them as one complete network.
Solution: Shipment Consolidation and Optimization. Consolidate freight volume to increase delivery frequency while reducing costs.
- Challenge: Shipments are routed based on the freight forwarders network capability/relationships.
Solution: Global Transportation Optimization. Optimized freight routing and port of entry based on your requirements (as opposed to freight forwarders’ capability) to reduce freight cost, transportation lead time, and total miles traversed.
- Challenge: Disparate computers systems between freight forwarders increase the complexity for gathering data for decision making.
Solution: Single Data Repository. By capturing all your shipment data from all your freight forwarders into our system, we provide one common set of data for reporting, analyzing, and shipment visibility.
- Challenge: Lack of resources to manage frequent RFQ's and ranking analysis.
Solution: Global Transportation RFQ Analysis. Lean has the expertise and tools to manage complex RFQ’s and provide the best freight forwarder based on routing/service and rates.
- Challenge: Premium freight transportation costs high and lacks control and reporting.
Solution: Premium Freight Authorization Program with Root Cause and Corrective Actions.By implementing LeanCor’s PFAP, we can control excessive freight costs and provide root cause analysis to facilitate corrective actions.
- Freight rates in excess of market conditions.
Solution: Market Competitive Rates. LeanCor’s process is to competitively manage multiple freight forwarders on your behalf. Through QBR’s, Ad Hoc quoting and RFQ’s, we are able to keep rates competitive with changing market conditions.
Our Control Tower Approach
- Logistics Cost Control through dynamic shipment routing, premium freight management, and market competitive rates.
- Accountability managing effective network design, including carrier and supplier compliance with root cause and corrective actions.
- Visibility via web based solution to your global shipments, including dashboard reporting.
- Flexibility with our forwarder neutral model. We match the best service provider for your needs to match capacity with capability.
- Cost Savings with the implementation of lean tools to your fulfillment stream to reduce waste.
With LeanCor, you can achieve On Time In Full (OTIF).
LeanCor is a trusted supply chain partner with proven experience in supplier development. We align your company’s needs wth supplier performance to ensure you receive the:
Through rigorous project management and operational experience, LeanCor can provide solutions that result in improved supplier performance, material availability, and lead time reduction. We’re skilled problem solvers who can work on-site with your suppliers and develop solutions. You receive greater visibility to your supply chain and enable a stable flow of material based on actual customer demand.
Solutions at a Glance
- Tactical Shipment Management with Single Point of Escalation
- Shipment Routing and Optimization
- Premium Freight Authorization with Root Cause, Corrective Actions
- Freight Audit and Pay
- Single Database for Business Reporting
- Incoterm Justification
- Hands-On Supplier Rapid Improvement
- Supplier On Time In Full (OTIF) Improvement
- Supplier Quality Improvement
- Plan For Every Part (PFEP)
- Supplier Packaging Improvement
- Supplier Overseas Freight Consolidation
- Supplier Total Landed Cost (TLC) Analysis
- Supplier Training and Education
- Purchase Order Accuracy and ASN Visibility